Last week I weighed myself for the first time on this blog because I need to change my lifestyle to help my moods.
So, in my first weigh in I was 13 stone 5 lbs and yesterday I weighed in at…..
13 stone 3lbs!
I know it isn’t a MASSIVE change but it is a positive step in the right direction – in the past I have managed to lose weight much quicker but it has always piled on at some point after, so doing it this way I really feel is game changer and, a complete lifestyle overhaul for ever not just for the short term.
Did I hit all my other weekly goals?
- Go to the gym 3 times YES – Actually managed to go 4 times. On one visit I went straight to the pool and swam 60 lengths of the 25m pool. I don’t think I have EVER swam that far!
- Walk the dog 3 times YES – 4 walks
- To pick up my book and read for at least 10 minutes a day – YES
- Finish my current crochet project – a Doctor Who Tardis blanket UNFORTUNATELY NOT!
- Practise Mindfulness at least once – possibly using the Headspace app YES – twice
- Cook tea at least twice ? I honestly can’t remember if I managed to cook once or twice this week! Bit at least I tried, right?
think know that overall it has been a pretty good week and, most importantly I feel quite good – despite some home problems at the moment.
Plan for the week going foward:
- Go to the gym 3 times (Either being weights/cardio/swimming)
- Walk the dog 3 times
- To pick up my book and read for at least 10 minutes a day
- Aim to do a little of my current crochet project everyday, even if it’s just for a few minutes.
- Practise Mindfulness at least once – using the Headspace app
- Cook tea at least twice
- Aim to write a little of your YA novel at least once
- Carry out an act of kindness for my husband – sometimes life just gets in the way of romance etc – so I want to show him that he is so very much appreciated.
- Play board games at least twice with my teenage daughter.
- Talk to my doctor on Tuesday about coming off Depakote. She knows it is something I have been hoping to do for a while and we have been carefully lowering my dosage.
I did have a stumble last night because last night (Friday night is a treat night) my husband bought the wrong flapjacks and I lost my temper, although I think it controlled it well. I just wanted to throw the TV remote control against the wall. The appeal of watching it smash up into smithereens was highly tempting – but I worked through it and ten minutes or so later I couldn’t believe my temper had been so bad.
Well, looking back, I can now – I mentioned in an earlier paragraph that there’s some trouble at home and I am finding it so stressful. Bipolar and stress don’t mix well and it also brings out my OCD.
I just have to keep telling myself that this life is a work in progress and I am trying so hard.
Here’s to the week ahead.Wish me luck! 🙂